Reports To: Youth Education Coordinator
Major Function: To provide outreach services to community youth, teens, and adults. Facilitate presentations to the area schools, youth programs, and other community organizations.
• Create and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all participants.
• Create and maintain a curriculum, and a presentation style that is conducive to children’s optimum growth and development.
1. Coordinate services with area schools to provide a continuum of care.
2. Provide training to schools and school personnel in the areas of peaceful teen and pre-teen relationships and domestic violence.
3. Provide a program to meet the needs of the children to include non-violent
communication, dealing appropriately with anger, and domestic violence.
4. Maintain records and statistics of activities for program.
• Provide presentations to youth, teens, and adults in various settings throughout the community.
• Provide backup to the Shelter Youth Center, when needed, or when assigned by the Youth Services Coordinator.
• Represent agency at community meetings affecting the program and report to the Youth Services Coordinator.
• Other duties as assigned by Youth Services Coordinator.
1. Attend and participate in case conferences, staff meetings, and training.
2. Attend work regularly.
3. Participate in community presentations.
4. Assist in the training and supervision of volunteers.
5. Provide input for program development.
6. Complete other special projects as requested by the Youth Services Coordinator.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related human services or has equivalent life experience.
2. Eligible for level 2 screening with Pinellas County School Board.
3. Knowledge of abnormal psychology and non-violent parenting techniques.
4. Agree to participate in Child Abuse Registry review.
5. Ability to climb stairs, lift up to fifty pounds, and carry children.
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as necessary.
7. Willingness to drive agency vehicles as needed.
8. Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
9. Valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
10. Participate in a background check upon employment.
11. Training and experience in domestic violence.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com