Reports To: Community Engagement Director
Supervise: Donor Services Coordinator & Development Coordinator
Major Function: To supervise development team to develop and generate resources that support CASA’s mission.
FLSA STATUS: Full-time/Exempt
General Description: Responsible for leading efforts to raise funds from individuals interested in and capable of making gifts to support ongoing operations and growth of CASA and its programs. This position will manage the day to day activities of the Development team, lead direct mail and electronic appeals, provide back up for the Community Engagement Director.
• Manage the cultivation and stewardship of existing donors and donor prospects by helping our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with CASA.
• Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan with the goal of raising $1.5 M annually.
• Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
• Report on program progress to senior management and the board
• Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses.
• Supervise the creation and implementation of an annual fund development plan with short and long term goals, including training to develop skills of staff, Foundation and Board members to meet the goals in the plan.
• Identify, research, evaluate and develop and solicit funding sources in order to meet annual budget (i.e., individuals, foundations, corporate donors, civic clubs, etc.).
• Recruit new volunteers and leadership for CASA committees and to ensure they are aware the goals and responsibilities include fundraising.
• Assist the Community Engagement Director to establish CASA’s planned giving program which includes creating pipeline of major and planned giving prospects.
• Directly supervises the Donor Services Coordinator and the Development Coordinator.
• All other duties deemed necessary.
• College degree in a related field preferred or relevant years of work experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in soliciting major gifts.
• Knowledge of estate planning, including wills, trusts and estate tax laws a plus.
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge and documenting donations preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of MS-Office suite.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral communication skills and the ability to speak in public.
• Ability to work evenings and / or weekends as events warrant.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to articulate CASA’s vision with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts at assigned donor levels.
• Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
• Personal transportation and auto insurance.
• Ability and willingness to drive CASA vehicles.
• Agree to a background check.
• Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com