REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
FLSA STATUS: Full time/Exempt
MAJOR FUNCTION: Reporting to the CEO this position is responsible for all donor relations activities including strategy, implementation, results measurement and evaluation. Major responsibilities include the formulation and executive of fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation strategies. The Donor Relations Director will be responsible for working collaboratively with all departments of CASA and directly supervises all the development team members.
· Responsible for the development of an annual fund development plan with short and long-term goals, including training to develop the skills of both staff and Board members to meet the goals in the plan.
· Identifies relationships and drives stewardship and retention of community partners.
· Ensure that representation of CASA reflects a positive image, builds awareness in the community, and nurtures a culture of philanthropic support.
· Develop, implement and evaluate in conjunction with Director of Communications and Marketing and Director of Capital Campaign’s plan for CASA that includes outreach events, online communications, print materials, and earned media strategies to drive culture of collaboration.
· Responsible for working with Board and other volunteers to secure annual gifts to meet department goals through efforts that include the following: major gifts fundraising, CASA events, and third party community events to benefit CASA.
· Plan and execute events to engage people as supporters – volunteers, donors, and partners – of CASA.
· Serve as staff liaison to committees, as assigned, in order to build relationships and facilitate engagement.
· Offer meaningful gestures of appreciation for supporters and coordinate appreciation activities of staff and board.
· Provides direct oversight and supervision to the Development Staff.
· Manage the department budget and provide department reports to CEO.
· Coordinate with CFO and ensure that detailed, accurate donor records are maintained in Raiser’s Edge and interface with Financial Edge.
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with other Directors to provide quality seamless customer service.
· Responsible for understanding and acting in accordance with CASA policies regarding harassment and discrimination complaints.
· Authority to hire, evaluate, and as necessary provide disciplinary action including termination of direct reports.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Five years community relations development or sales experience – three years in a leadership/management role.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent life experience.
· Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; excellent oral communication and ability to participate in public speaking events.
· Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills.
· Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
· Ability to develop and manage budget and prepare reports.
· Sincere commitments to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors and participants.
· Computer literacy, experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually and dependable transportation and personal vehicle insurance.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
· Ability to climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com