Responsible for the oversight and management of the Rapid Rehousing, and the Transitional Housing program and staff.
· Manage the following Programs: Rapid Rehousing and Transitional Housing.
· Hires, trains, and evaluates housing advocates.
· Available for on-call responsibilities to include coming in after hours if needed.
· Complete Timesheets, mileage forms, PPR’s, program reports, data collection, and other necessary forms and reports relevant to this role.
· Maintain CASA’s resource directory in conjunction with the Non-Residential Manager
· Provide housing case management, support, advocacy, and crisis intervention to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
· Track housing placement.
· Assist participants directly within each housing program with obtaining rental assistance, processing referrals to various housing programs, and requesting housing vouchers.
· Assist participants as needed during their move into permanent housing in collaboration with the advocates and volunteers.
· Carry an assigned caseload and maintain contact as directed by the Senior Manager of Program Services.Maintain relationships with community partners to bring in life skills classes or workshops related to; basic computer skills, budgeting, credit repair, housing assistance, interview techniques, resume writing, cooking, and other relevant services for survivors of domestic violence
· Complete Victim Compensation Applications with participants as needed to assist with relocation expenses.
· Perform monthly record keeping and statistical tasks as assigned.
· Post an up-to-date schedule of events, job fairs, and workshops for participants.
· Provide assistance with oversight of the resource center.
· Assist in arranging transportation to attend job fairs and job interviews.
· Responsible for timely completion of all paperwork and data entry.
· Attend team meetings as requested by the Senior Manager of Program Services.
· Ensures the ordering of necessary supplies for the housing programs and resource center is complete.
· Responsible for maintaining relationships with community partners that provide services by attending housing and resource centered meetings as requested by the Senior Manager of Program Services.
· Complete the HUD and other necessary housing reports.
· Perform ongoing case file reviews to ensure quality and consistency.
· Conduct ongoing bi-weekly meetings with the housing advocates.
· Develop and maintain a housing department manual for each program.
· Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
· Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
· Assist participants with completion of responsibilities involving community living and household skills, as necessary.
· Attend scheduled staff meetings and residential case conferences in order to provide and receive input for program development; attend and participate in all training.
· Assist with training and supervision of volunteers and interns.
· Agree to work a flexible schedule , which may include changing shifts and on-call responsibilities to ensure 24-hour coverage, due to illness, absence, or vacation other staff members.
· Meet annual training requirements.
· Complete special projects and presentations, as requested by the Sr. Manager of Program Services.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree in related human services or equivalent life experiences preferred.
· Management experience preferred.
· Experience working with survivors of domestic violence or other crisis experience.
· Demonstrate knowledge of current community resources and have the ability to maintain working relationships with agencies.
· Agree to drive agency vehicles, as needed.
· Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Possess a valid Florida State Drivers License to be verified annually.
· Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com