MAJOR FUNCTION: The front desk staff follows safety procedures for entry into the building and access to the administrative offices. In addition to greeting guests, and taking phone calls, this position provides office assistance to all departments as needed.
• Greet visitors and guests.
• Answer phone and direct calls to the appropriate staff person or department.
• Pick-up mail from Post Office, open, sort and distribute accordingly
• Enter cash gifts and gift certificates/cards on daily deposit sheet.
• Assist with scheduling and managing of CEO’s calendar
• Assist with scheduling Committee meetings
• Assist Thrift Shop Manager with postings, finalizing sales, and shipping of items listed/sold on eBay and any other online web postings
• Receives and process calls for furniture pickup for the Thrift Shop
• Assist with social media postings to Facebook for the Thrift Shop. Collaborate with marketing specialist in order to generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text and images) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to shop at our thrift store.
• Manage CASA’s e-newsletter for the Thrift Shop as directed by Thrift Shop manager
• Train volunteers to assist with front desk duties and projects as requested by staff
• Maintain lunch coverage calendar
• Maintain kitchen duty staff log
• Office/Kitchen Supplies: check for in-stock items in supply closets before placing monthly order. Order, receive, stock, and distribute items to department/staff. Manage returns or backordered items with vendor(s).
• Postage Machine: track usage and reconciliation of meter. Order supplies.
• Copy Machines: Monthly meter reading, order supplies and call for service when needed.
• Monitor recycling and shred bins, reordering when full
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications – Receptionist/Office Assistant will:
• Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
• Two to three years’ receptionist and office assistant experience required.
• Demonstrate a proficiency in MS-Office Word, Excel, and Database type programs.
• Possess the ability to type.
• Possess the ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
• Must have direct access to reliable transportation during all working hours.
• Pass background check.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com