Reports To: Residential Life Manager
Major Function: To assist in promoting the well-being of shelter residents. Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution, safety planning, and support. Responsible to promote safety, security, and cleanliness of the shelter.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Ensure the security and safety of the shelter and residents.
- Work with participants to assist them in meeting their daily needs.
- Coordinate transportation for survivors and their children in CASA vehicles or planning routes to utilize the bus system.
- Accompany participants to appointments with other agencies, as necessary.
- Perform statistical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Document services in case files, spreadsheets, and database as indicated by CASA policies.
- Track and document shelter population occupancy daily.
- Effectively respond to crisis situations in shelter per CASA policies.
- Prepare rooms to receive new intakes by stocking with necessary supplies and ensuring rooms are in order and ready for the individual or family.
- Perform tasks related to participant exits, including packing and storing of belongings.
- Assist participants with the completion of responsibilities involving community living.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all areas designated for use by participants.
- Ensure that kitchens are stocked with a variety of appropriate foods.
- Assist with the acceptance and distribution of donations and supplies.
- Prepare meals for shelter participants and their children.
- Monitor inventory level of food, linens, personal care items, and general shelter supplies.
- Monitor the maintenance of the facility, operating systems, and appliances.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining CASA Kennel, as well as providing care to animals.
- Facilitate social and recreational activities designed for participants in the shelter.
- Must be able to work within an empowerment-based service delivery system.
- May provide back up to crisis hotline as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in weekly supervision with your Residential Life Manager.
- Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
- Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Stay current with all personal training.
- Assist with the training and supervision of volunteers.
- Agree to work a flexible schedule when required, which may include changing shifts to ensure 24-hour Shelter coverage, due to illness, absence, or vacation other staff members.
- Complete special projects and presentations as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of human services experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
- Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.