Reports To: Residential Life Manager
Major Function: To assist in promoting the well-being of shelter residents. Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution, safety planning, and support. Responsible to promote safety, security, and cleanliness of the shelter. Provide supervision, training and support to resident advocates and volunteers.
- Provides supervision to resident advocates and volunteers to ensure the orderly operation of the shelter.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Ensure the security and safety of the shelter and residents.
- Work with participants to assist them in meeting their daily needs.
- Coordinate transportation for survivors and their children in CASA vehicles or planning routes to utilize the bus system.
- Accompany participants to appointments with other agencies, as necessary.
- Perform statistical and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Document services in case files, spreadsheets, and database as indicated by CASA policies.
- Track and document shelter population occupancy daily.
- Effectively respond to crisis situations in shelter per CASA policies.
- Prepare rooms to receive new intakes by stocking with necessary supplies and ensuring rooms are in order and ready for the individual or family.
- Perform tasks related to participant exits, including packing and storing of belongings.
- Assist participants with completion of responsibilities involving community living.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all areas designated for use by participants.
- Ensure that kitchens are stocked with a variety of appropriate foods.
- Assist with the acceptance and distribution of donations and supplies.
- Prepare meals for shelter participants and their children.
- Monitor inventory level of food, linens, personal care items, and general shelter supplies.
- Monitor the maintenance of the facility, operating systems, and appliances.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining CASA Kennel, as well as providing care to animals.
- Facilitate social and recreational activities designed for participants in shelter.
- Must be able to work within an empowerment-based service delivery system.
- May provide back up to crisis hotline as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in bi-weekly supervision with your Residential Life Manager.
- Understand and abide by CASA’s Confidentiality Policy at all times and respect boundaries.
- Demonstrate a commitment to treat residents, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner at all times.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Stay current with all personal training.
- Assist with training and supervision of volunteers.
- Agree to work a flexible schedule when required, which may include changing shifts to ensure 24-hour Shelter coverage, due to illness, absence, or vacation other staff members.
- Complete special projects and presentations as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of human services experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred.
- Agree to drive agency vehicles as needed.
- Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Agree to participate in a background check upon employment.