Reports To: Director of Program Services
Major Function: Responsible for overseeing the 24/7 day-to day operations of the CASA shelter. Responsibilities include overall management of the shelter and supervision of managers and staff to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and quality service delivery and programming.
Full Time Exempt
- Oversees, coordinates and manages all shelter functions, managers, programs, and activities.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of all program reporting (internal & external) on time monthly, quarterly and annually as required.
- Available for 24/7 supervision of crisis management as needed and required.
- Available for on-call duties.
- Understand and be responsible for all regulatory compliance for all programs managed within the scope of supportive services.
- Develop and monitor work plans, policies, and procedures as needed.
- Responsible for budget and financial monitoring of program and projects.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the physical Shelter facility.
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and terminating of staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager and Director of Program Services as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and acting in accordance with CASA policies.
- Monitor staff and program activities for compliance with grant requirements, state and federal, and local requirements.
- Meet at least bi-weekly with shelter managers.
- Oversight of scheduling and timesheets of shelter managers.
- Provide information necessary for site reviews and other monitoring.
- Ensure programs are operating within budgetary guidelines with assistance from the Director of Program Services and Chief Finance Officer.
- Ensure staff operates according to organizations principles and standards.
- Represent agency at community agency meetings affecting the shelter programs as needed.
- Facilitate staff and participant’s complaints through established policies and procedures.
- Continuously update shelter forms and paperwork as appropriate.
- Supervise training and evaluate training needs of shelter staff.
- Maintain all Shelter policies and procedures of CASA.
- Oversee relationships with other CASA’s Departments to assure cohesive relationships between programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Program Services.
- Possess a Bachelors degree in related human services or have equivalent life experiences. Three to five years of experience directing or managing complex participant centered service programs preferred.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Work experience with crisis intervention, counseling and shelter practices.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift up to 50 pounds
- Agree to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Possess training and experience in domestic violence.
- Posses training and experience in sexual abuse.
- Demonstrate the willingness to drive agency vehicles.
- Possess the ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License.
- Agree to participate in a background check employment.