REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
MAJOR FUNCTION: This position is responsible for supporting the production of CASA’s two main fundraising events, Peace Breakfast and Gala, to include the coordination, implementation, and execution. In addition, the position is responsible for providing planning and marketing support for CASA’s Community Conversations, fundraising appeals and the CASA community thrift shop.
FLSA: Full Time/Exempt
• Participates in the budget developments of events and ensures expenses track to budget.
• Develop and implement detailed goals for each event in alignment with CASA’s needs, strategic plan and budgetary goals.
• Negotiate contracts with event venue and vendors and ensures required permits are obtained.
• Develop and maintain relationships with area event focused vendors.
• Hire and manage all appropriate workforce to produce events and serve as liaison for all vendors on event related matters.
• Specify volunteer requirements and advise Volunteer Manager of the same. Ensure they are well trained and have the materials needed in order to fulfill their role in the event.
• Manage and oversee all area of event production to include problem solving, welcoming guests, coordinating staff and volunteers, organizing vendors and direct event set-up and clean up.
• Works in close cooperation and on a regular basis with the Community Engagement Director.
• Responsible for providing current data relating to the event to the CEO and Community Engagement Director.
• Provides information and financial requests to the Finance Department.
• Ensures related marketing tasks are completed.
• Prepare written materials related to events and fundraising initiatives to include some marketing copy, thank you letters, fundraising appeals, press releases and presentation scripts.
• Make updates to the website regarding CASA events, Community Conversations, fundraising appeals and the Thrift Shop, as well as, using digital media platforms such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter to promote the same.
• Design collateral materials for CASA events, Community Conversations, fundraising appeals and the Thrift Shop.
• Work with the Development Department to ensure sponsors and individual donors receive promised marketing-related benefits and recognition.
• Follow up with medial contacts to ensure coverage of CASA events and the Thrift Shop.
• Work with the Thrift Store Manager to ensure the promotion of shop initiatives such as in store sales, product highlights, and pop-up store locations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in hospitality, marketing, or related field preferred.
• Proven track record of successful event management.
• Prior experience in a non-profit development or marketing role preferred.
• Understanding of concepts in print and online design and layout.
• Experience working with social media websites, newsletters and local media.
• Familiarity with WordPress
• Excellent verbal, written and editing communication skills.
• A strong record of accomplishment as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiative concurrently.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Possess and maintain a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
• Personal transportation and auto insurance.
• Ability and willingness to drive CASA vehicles.
• Agree to a background check.
• Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com