Position: Thrift Shop Associate/Driver Helper
Reports to: Thrift Shop Manager
Major Functions: Receive donations and assist with donation pickup
• Ensure quality of inventory by adhering to merchandise standards when accepting donations
• Assist donors, customers, and staff with heavy lifting.
• Assist with the receiving, sorting and cleaning of donations.
• May test electronic donations for working conditions.
• Assist with the delegation of tasks to volunteers.
• Follow all store opening and closing procedures.
• Maintain cleanliness of store and customer-friendly merchandising
• Follow CASA’s policies and procedures.
• Handle situations in a professional and responsible manner.
• Be able to work independently or as a team member.
• Back up driver for 16 ft. box truck.
• Assist in the maintenance of the interior/exterior of vehicle. Keep vehicle clean, in good operating condition to include maintaining fluid levels and replacing and/or adjusting minor worn or damaged parts (belts, plugs, fuses, etc). Keep vehicle on a preventive maintenance schedule and work with outside vendors when necessary (tires, body repairs, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Ability to safely drive agency 16ft Box Truck
• Must be able to read maps and driving directions.
• Ability to use dollies or hand trucks
• Ability to load, sort, and properly stack donated items
• Agree to participate in a background check
• Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to work independently or as a team member
• Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
• Available to work on weekends as requested by management.
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com