Perform duties and tasks related to receiving and sorting donations in addition to the disposal of donations that do not meet CASA standards. Drive and properly load 16ft Box Truck. Ensure that the store and surrounding property is well maintained.
- Drive 16ft. Box Truck for furniture pick-ups once a week.
- Sort, stack, and properly load truck with donated items.
- Responsible for the security and safe operation of the vehicle and other assigned equipment. Instruct and supervise helper.
- Maintain the interior/exterior of vehicle. Keep vehicle clean, in good operating condition to include maintaining fluid levels and replacing and/or adjusting minor worn or damaged parts (belts, plugs, fuses, etc). Keep vehicle on a preventive maintenance schedule and work with outside vendors when necessary (tires, body repairs, etc.).
- Ensure quality of inventory by adhering to merchandise standards when accepting donations
- Assist donors, customers, and staff with heavy lifting.
- Assist with the receiving, sorting and cleaning of donations.
- May test electronic donations for working conditions.
- Assist with the delegation of tasks to volunteers.
- Follow all store opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of store and customer-friendly merchandising
- Follow CASA’s policies and procedures.
- Handle situations in a professional and responsible manner.
- Contact the Thrift Shop Manager or Assistant Manager if unable to work the scheduled shift.
- Be able to work independently or as a team member.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License
- Ability to safely drive agency 16ft Box Truck
- Must be able to read maps and driving directions.
- Ability to use dollies or hand trucks
- Ability to load, sort, and properly stack donated items
- Agree to participate in a background check
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
Available to work on weekends as requested by management.