The Volunteer Coordinator will develop and nurture a volunteer/internship network to support CASA’s events, programs, youth activities, and in-kind needs. Responsible to recruit, train, assign, monitor, motivate, onboard and recognize the efforts of volunteers/interns. Work with current and prospective partners to establish ongoing relationships that will enhance corporate and community engagement and work with staff to coordinate placement of volunteers/interns and maximize volunteer participation and retention.
FLSA STATUS: Full-time; Exempt
Consults regularly with department heads and attends several departmental staff meetings to understand their volunteer/interns and in-kind service needs and to educate and train them on how to best utilize volunteers/interns.
- Actively recruits and follows up with interns/volunteers providing direct and non-direct service activities
- Assess, develop, and implement a comprehensive strategy for growing and deepening the volunteer base.
- Ensures volunteers/interns are properly oriented, which includes introducing volunteers/interns to applicable department head in person, providing tour of area to which they will be assigned and ensuring warm hand off.
- Supervise annual training requirements of volunteers and interns, and provide assistance regarding any barriers that would prohibit the volunteer/intern from ensuring completion of the required trainings.
- Continuously track, submit and monitor data with regards to the volunteer/interns, as appropriate, in addition to retaining volunteer records and statistics compliant with CASA’s funders.
- Ensure completion of background check, fingerprinting as required, and ensures CORE training is complete for direct service volunteers prior to placement.
- Provide staff with support that includes developing written department-specific training guides, methods for tracking volunteer hours to meet funding and program requirements, and ideas
- Develop a plan to retain volunteers, recognize their contribution and host a volunteer appreciation/acknowledgement campaign/event to coincide with National Volunteer Appreciation Week.
- Ensure a high-quality volunteer experience that meets and exceeds VOCA funding requirements.
- Work with development team on outside organization donation drives and fundraising events, as needed.
- Provide and coordinate volunteer coverage of front desk.
- Represent the CASA Volunteer Program at public events, volunteer fairs, and upon request in the community.
- Create and maintain volunteer lists for outreach/tabling events to be able to fulfill requests from the community.
- Assist with any volunteer giving campaigns,
- Monitors and recognize Long-term volunteers to acknowledge their dedication and support to CASA.
- Maintain regular communication with businesses and individuals providing in-kind services to CASA.
- Maintain an active and inactive volunteer/intern list, to assist with large scaled CASA events, to include CASA annual fundraisers.
- Coordinate and oversee group volunteer projects as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent life experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to work comfortably with volunteers of all levels from direct service to board level.
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, and relational database software (i.e. Volgistics,)
- Valid Florida driver’s license and auto insurance to be verified annually
- Agree to background check upon employment
- Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds
- Willingness to work flexible schedule that may include weekend and evening hours.
- Willingness to drive agency vehicles