Major Functions: The Volunteer Manager will develop and nurture a volunteer network to support CASA’s events, programs, youth activities, and in-kind needs and recruit, assign, train, monitor and recognize the efforts of volunteers. Work with current and prospective partners to establish ongoing relationships that will enhance corporate and community engagement and work with staff to coordinate placement of volunteers and maximize volunteer participation and retention.
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/40 hours per week/flexible schedule
• Meet regularly with department heads and attend several departmental staff meetings to understand their volunteer and in-kind service needs and to educate them on how to best utilize volunteers.
• Recruit and refer appropriate volunteers and businesses to various programs/departments.
• Work with Senior Grants & Compliance Manager, and Program Directors to meet the volunteer needs of new services being offered to survivors of domestic violence.
• Focus on volunteer work with children activities including childcare for outreach groups and other activities.
• Conduct initial orientation, background check, fingerprinting as required, and CORE training is completed as required prior to placement.
• Provide staff with support that includes developing written department-specific training guides, methods for tracking volunteer hours to meet funding and program requirements, and ideas to retain volunteers and recognize their contributions.
• Work directly with the Development Assistant to enter volunteer and service donation data, as well as make sure all services provided meet the safety requirements of CASA and our funders.
• Ensure a high-quality volunteer experience that meets and exceeds VOCA funding requirements.
• Retain volunteer records and statistics compliant with CASA’s funders.
• Work with development team on outside organization donation drives and fundraising events.
• Coordinate Hope for the Holidays – annual donation collection.
• Assist Donor Services Coordinator to develop strategies to upgrade in-kind donors and volunteers, to assist in cultivating donors.
• Provide and coordinate with Donors Services Coordinator for volunteer coverage of front desk.
• Direct and indirect contact with donors, vendors, volunteers and community resources.
• Meets regularly with Donor Services Coordinator to discuss priorities and support needed.
• Submit monthly reports and statistics.
• Represent organization at public events, volunteer fairs, etc.
• Create and maintain volunteer speakers list to be able to fulfill requests from the community.
• Hold a large scale volunteer acknowledgment campaign and event to coincide with National Volunteer Appreciation week.
• Coordinate one DV Awareness Month event highlighting volunteer services to survivors of domestic violence.
• Manages volunteer giving campaigns, create and maintain a volunteer “council” to assist in donor cultivation (writing thank you notes and calls).
• Keeps the Major Gifts Manager aware of long time volunteers.
• Maintain regular communication with businesses and individuals providing in-kind services to CASA.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to relate professionally and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
• Must have the ability to work comfortably with volunteers of all levels from direct service to board level.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent life experience.
• Proficient in MS word, Excel, and relational database software (Osnium, Blackbaud)
• Valid Florida driver’s license and auto insurance to be verified annually
• Agree to background check upon employment
• Possess the ability to climb stairs and lift at least 50 pounds
• Willingness to work flexible schedule that may include weekend and evening hours.
• Willingness to drive agency vehicles
Hit Esc on your keyboard to be taken to weather.com